We are delighted to offer camping pods at our campsite in Ostler’s Wood. Ostler’s Wood is a 30 acre woodland set within an organic farm. Within the seclusion of the wood is a large pond; a wonderful sunspot We have two pod sites and two camping pitches available for booking around the pond. All four sites have an allocated campfire area. We have toilet and shower facilities on site.
Bring your camping gear. Leave your tent at home!
- Enjoy the fun of camping without the pain of wet canvas
- Already setup when you arrive, just move in
- Plenty of head room, even for the tall folks
- The sheep wool insulation provides warmth on the colder nights
- The French doors provide greater security with double locks
- A massive hit with kids – it’s a ‘den’ thing.
- Sorry, but we cannot accommodate dogs or smoking in the pods
Our camping pitches are generously spaced at 5 metres square and 15 metres between each pitch. Enjoy a campfire to complete the camping experience.
Family pod (up to 4 adults) - £39 per night. Camping pitches – £15 per night There is a minimum booking of two nights on a weekend and three over Bank Holiday weekends.
- Flushing toilets
- Hot shower
- Electricity to the camping pods via solar panels for lights, 12v appliances and mobile recharging
- Personal campfire per pod or tent
- Dishwashing sinks with hot running water
- Purchase logs for your campfire
Mighty Oak Package
If you would rather travel lite, let us supply your crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and saucepans with our Mighty Oak Package available for hire.
See what’s included: Mighty Oak Kit List
Where we are located:
We are open from the beginning of March until the end of October. Please speak to us if you are interested in booking a stay outside of this period and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Your welfare whilst on site
We want you to come, have a wonderful stay, and go home again as safely as you arrived. Ostler’s Wood is on the edge of a working farm. There is a public footpath that runs along side the farm yard. Farms can be dangerous places. Please do not leave the footpath to stray into the farm yard. Tractors have the right of way at all times. The tractor driver may not be able to hear you as well as you can hear him. We would draw your attention particularly to stacks of hay or straw. The big round bales are very heavy and the stacks become unstable if you were to climb on them. Please ensure any children in your party are aware of this.
Try your hand at falconry. Click here to find out about our Hawk Walk
“Just wanted to say that we thought the Pod experience we had was awesome! Stunning location, facilities awesome, family friendly! So good! I’ll be contacted you soon to book again! Thank you!”